The best image recognition for chemistry
Mathpix is the only image to SMILES converter with high-accuracy OCR features developed specifically for scientific documents like research papers
How to convert images to SMILES on desktop
1. Use Snip to take a screenshot of the image.
2. Check your Snip result and click on the SMILES format to copy to the clipboard.
3. Edit in-app or paste the result into ChemDraw, Snip Notes, Scifinder, or any other chemistry software in your workflow.
How to convert images to SMILES on mobile
1. Use Snip mobile app to take a photo of the image.
2. Crop the part of an image you want to digitize and scan it.
3. Sync to desktop, then paste the result directly into your document.
Use our simple online editor to write and publish beautiful scientific documents.
Instantly digitize printed and handwritten chemistry notes into SMILES and paste it to Snip Notes.
FOR ED TECH COMPANIES
Mathpix provides image recognition for the biggest Ed Tech companies in the world.
Our image processing APIs are easy to implement and works on all platforms.
Our partners choose Mathpix over AWS Textract, Google Vision API, and Azure Computer Vision for converting images to SMILES.
Read image to SMILES related posts on our blog
Image to ChemDraw converter
No need to draw chemical structures by yourself! Easily convert images to ChemDraw with Mathpix Snip just by taking a photo or screenshot.Read more
Convert printed and handwritten chemical diagrams to SMILES
Take a photo of your chemistry notes through the Snip mobile app, sync to desktop, then paste the SMILES into apps like ChemDraw. Search for chemical diagrams.Read more
Chemical diagram OCR and search
We have recently added support for printed chemical diagram OCR, as well as visual chemical diagram search of the PubChem database.Read more