Mathpix is building the most sophisticated software for extracting structured data from images and PDFs, bundled into a AI-powered document cloud for businesses and individuals, with a focus on researchers. We are profitable, funded, growing, and having lots of fun building things that have never been built before.
We are headquartered in Williamsburg, Brooklyn (NYC).
All open positions at Mathpix are listed below. To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, portfolio (if applicable), and Github profile (if applicable) to email@example.com. If you think you can contribute in some other way that's not described here, please reach out!
Senior Fullstack Developer (Brooklyn or USA remote)
We are seeking an experienced fullstack developer for a tech lead role leading development of our web app. This role is perfect for a seasoned fullstack dev who is ready to work hard and move quickly at an early startup, take on a lot of responsibility, and wants to learn a lot. Must know Typescript and React and must care about performance and user experience. Must have experience writing technical specs.
- Experience optimizing rendering performance
- Excellent communication skills
- Some experience making designs (low or high fidelity) is a nice to have
- Some experience with Swift (iOS and MacOS) and Kotlin (Android) is a nice to have
Product Designer (Brooklyn)
We are looking for a full-time product designer to join the team in our Brooklyn office. In this role, you will be responsible for working on designs on all customer facing platforms. You will work closely with the product and engineering teams.
- Organized with strong written communication skills
- Owning the UI/UX design process from ideation to implementation and testing
- Creating prototypes and wireframes
- Creating pixel perfect hi-res designs
- Testing apps and finding opportunities for design improvements
- Inward motivation to build and excellent product and experience for our users
- Ability to draft specs for developers
- Balsamiq, Figma experience
- Creating marketing assets
- Useability testing
- Conducting user reasearch
Machine Learning Engineer (Brooklyn or USA remote)
We are looking for a Python developer to help build our machine learning pipelines. Perfect role for a Python dev who wants to get into AI. Your responisbilityies will include developing algorithms for parsing and understanding PDFs and images.
You must meet one or more of the following requirements (please mention which in your application):
- You have published something interesting on Github
- You have published an academic paper
- You have studied math or physics at a top school with top SAT scores
- You have real world experience building data products in tech or finance with demonstrated success
- Python expertise
- Experience with pytorch
- Experience training and debugging ML models
- Linux, git, and docker experience are nice to have but not hard requirements
Product Manager (Brooklyn)
We are looking for an organized individual with excellent written English communication skills who can manage product roadmap and oversee/facilitate product development. This person will be responsible for prioritizing new features, requests from our community, and bug fixes in the roadmap, organizing and orchestrating product releases, and working with Marketing to communicate product releases to our customers.
Must be passionate about serving the STEM community, and care about good management and product quality. Experience writing specs is required and experience with UX/UI design is preferred.