Using Snip with Canvas LMS
Inserting math into Canvas LMS is easy with Snip and only requires a few simple steps. Here is an example of creating a calculus quiz question:
Take a Snip (
ctrl+alt+m) of the math you wish to insert into your quiz question
Copy the raw LaTeX format (row 1 on the OCR tab without delimiters)
- Click the equation button on the Canvas editor menu
- Choose Switch View to Advanced
- Paste the raw LaTeX into the text box, check the rendering, and click Insert Equation
- Finish your question with any additional math or text using the same steps
- Next, take a Snip of the equation you want to include for your quiz answer
- Follow the same steps as above to insert the LaTeX into the answer field
- Save the correct answer, now you have a finished quiz question!
Note that when using Snip with Canvas LMS, you will want to insert text and equations separately. Text can be entered directly into the text box, and equations should always be entered using the steps shown above.